Visual Effects Supervisor - Windmill Lane VFX
The VFX Supervisor is required to supervise, monitor, direct and influence the wide-ranging creative aspects of high-end VFX production across multiple projects. Supplying creative direction, you will be directly responsible for driving success across entire VFX briefs, and you will have a strong understanding of all disciplines within the VFX pipeline.
- Work closely with the production team on setting delivery schedule and quality standards.
- Ensure the team delivers quality shots on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with 2d and 3d Supervisors to ensure all VFX shots are stress tested and meet the brief.
- Review all work for internal and external delivery, ensuring it hits creative and technical notes.
- Set discipline and quality standards by leading through example and regularly providing feedback and notes to the team.
- Ensure your leads are effectively running their teams, providing guidance to resolve issues arising
- Mentor and actively develop less experienced team members.
- Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace influencing morale, fostering purposeful discussion and positive work ethic.
- Work with the Sales team, assisting with VFX breakdowns, budgets and shot methodologies as necessary.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 6-8 years supervisory or leadership experience in creating high-end VFX for live-action feature films and TV drama
- Extensive VFX production experience using Shotgun.
- Expert knowledge of, and experience in, dealing with a wide range of visual effects techniques
- Practical understanding of the entire production pipeline process.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding derived from working within Effects, Lighting, Compositing and Asset Teams.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a deadline focused work environment.
- Expert people management/leadership and organisational skills.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a collaborative attitude.
- Expert time management and prioritisation skills.
To apply for this position please submit an application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual Effects Production Coordinator - Windmill Lane VFX
The VFX Coordinator is central to VFX project management. Facilitates the movement and tracking of shots between teams, coordinates daily reviews, and communicates status updates to ensure the delivery of shots on schedule.
- Under the guidance of the VFX Producer, schedules and tracks progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in the production tracking system
- Maintains production tracking system and show board with revisions, omits, and shot length changes; notifies the affected crew as needed
- Liaises with other Production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner
- Provides daily updates to VFX Producer on a timely basis
- Daily follows up with artists to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule; communicates schedule changes to appropriate artists, Supervisors and Production team as needed
- Coordinates all client deliveries, both physical and digital deliveries via FTP, maintains log of all deliveries
- Manages meeting schedule and walkthroughs for Supervisors; publishes clear and accurate notes as needed
- Responsible for setup of dailies and client reviews, publishes notes for all review sessions
- Acts as primary point of contact for internal Editorial and I/O
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field
- 2+ years production experience in visual effects or feature animation
- Detail-oriented, with both highly developed written and verbal communication skills a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required; experience with production tracking software and asset management software such as Shotgun a must
To apply for this position please submit an application via email only to email@example.com
Senior Motion Designer / Art Director / Creative - Windmill Lane
Windmill Lane is one of Ireland’s longest established content creation & post production studios. Our clients include media, advertising & communications agencies, production companies, studios, filmmakers & brands.
We are looking for a senior motionographer / designer / art director to join our busy creative team. This is an opportunity for a person with the right mix of talent, leadership & vision to really make this role their own as we seek to progress & diversify our creative capacities.
What we’re looking for in you:
- An exceptional portfolio showing strong, diverse & relevant skills in design, storytelling, concept & visual communication with a keen eye for detail & a particular emphasis on motion - CC & C4D fluency is a prerequisite.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrable ability to pitch & win work, with proven track record of developing concept through to delivery.
- Client facing experience, with confidence in presenting & standing over their work, it is crucial that this is somebody who can respond to feedback positively & effectively.
- Strong leadership skills (ambition, vision, team player, diplomacy, mentorship). An ability to work with others but to lead & own the process when necessary.
- At least 10 years design experience (post, studio, agency).
Any of the following would be a plus:
- Post production familiarity
- Studio / brand / ad agency experience
- Digital / experiential experience / knowledge
- On set / shoot / production experience / knowledge
- Interests / experience in other fields - photography, film, illustration, animation, experiential, editing, audio etc. – All good.
- Knowledge of other compositing, editing & finishing tools such as nuke, maya, etc.
We’re not interested in just a great portfolio – we’re interested in how you made it.
The role will not only involve a lot of client face time – pitching, presenting, etc. but also leading, directing & collaborating with others in creating compelling visual content for commercials, brands, stories, etc. & the best way to do this is to lead by example. We want somebody who’s as good on the box as off.
If this sounds like it could be for you, please send your resume & portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EU work eligibile applicants only. Renumeration package competitive and dependant on experience.
We look forward to meeting you!
Runners - Windmill Lane
We're often on the lookout for Runners to join our Hospitality team, if you're looking to get started in the industry why not drop us a line with your CV.
Even if you don't see a specific job listed here, we're always on the lookout for new & interesting talent.
If you are a hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated individual and you think you've got what it takes to be part of our team, then we'd love to hear from you.